3D Equalizer Houdini exprot filter?

3557   4   2
100 posts
Hi all,

Does anyone not the workflow for exporting camera data from 3DEv4 to Houdini?

3DE used to have a Houdini export filter but now its suspiciously disappeared - i guess i'm missing something here!

Thanks,
1390 posts
JonT
Hi all,

Does anyone not the workflow for exporting camera data from 3DEv4 to Houdini?

3DE used to have a Houdini export filter but now its suspiciously disappeared - i guess i'm missing something here!

Thanks,

Use fbx. Remember to check off import fbx option “Import Nulls as a Subnets” (or sth similar), so you don't end up with gazillion of subnets as markers.
100 posts
Thanks, works perfectly, although appaers to have forgotten the dumby geo from 3De.

Thanks again
100 posts
One last question if any one is interested.

In 3DE I aligned 3 points on the ground to the xz plane of the global co-ordinate system, This worked fine and all geometry was created alight to newly transformed coordinate of the scene node.

After import to Houdini, this alignment appears to not have been transferred and subsequently the points are adrift in Houdini global system.

What’s the process to either a) export the alignment data to Houdini or b) align Houdini’s global system so its parallel to the xz plane of the 3 imported points?

Cheers for the help.
100 posts
Thought i'd attach the file.

Just trying to align the ground place to the 3 point within the sub net. First point is easy, just detach handles and snap. How to do points 2 and 3?

Would rather avoid, ‘do it by eye’!

Cheers

.hip attached

Attachments:
align.hip (46.3 KB)

• Quick Links