Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini Linux Wayland Support?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdini Linux Wayland Support?
Steffen Dünner
I haven't had any unusual crashes etc. since switching from Linux Mint / X11 to Tuxedo OS / Wayland.

The only annoying thing I noticed (and that I'd like to know if anyone here can reproduce) is that as soon as I use the mouse wheel over a Parameter Editor all of its contents disappear and are gone for this session of Houdini.
What I mean is:
  • Open Houdini
  • Add a cube
  • Hover the mouse pointer over the Parameter Editor (where you set Transform, Render and Misc)
  • Use the mouse wheel -> Everything inside the Parameter Editor is gone and does not come back.

Apart from that it has been a great experience so far.

EDIT: Quick update: Today I switched the nVidia drivers to "tuxedo-nvidia-driver-580-open" (Driver Version: 580.178.04) and the beforementioned problems are gone now.
SreckoM
I am experiencing slow down with radial menus, the longer I work with Houdini there is more and more slowdown, up to the point that menu opens for 2-3 seconds. Also when hitting tab and doing search it gets slower with longer working session. Like there is some leak. Using Nvidia 580.173.02 driver on Ubuntu 26.05 Wayland. Anyone getting this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.