olivierth
April 20, 2026 10:04:00
In the traditional way I would render curves in Arnold, I would select the Geo node containing my curves and go to Arnold -> Shapes -> Curves -> Mode and set it to Thick.
In Solaris, I used a Sop Import to browse the Geo Node (with the thick setting) but when I render, It looks like Ribbons (instead of Thick). Any idea how to solve this?
-Olivier
robp_sidefx
April 21, 2026 09:50:38
The arnold-usd codebase has a unit test with this in it:
string primvars:arnold:mode = "thick" (interpolation = "constant")
SOP Import won't pull anything from the Geo node, but you can add this primvar in either SOPs or LOPs and hopefully you'll get what you're after.
olivierth
May 13, 2026 13:19:25
Hi robp_sidefx!
Thanks for the reply. Today, I found out about the Render Geometry Settings node that has an arnold tab. There, I can change the Mode to Thick. I still have to test it out but it looks like the easy answer.
-Olivier