Search - User list
Full Version: Mac OSX Tahoe 26.6.1 Macbook M5 Max crashes
Root » Technical Discussion » Mac OSX Tahoe 26.6.1 Macbook M5 Max crashes
Terence Ziegler
Hello all,

H21 and H22 have been working really well on my new M5 Max. It's great. However, a few times a day, Houdini will just crash to the desktop. No error message, no hangs; it just quits. Has anyone else seen this?

In H21, I have Redshift installed, and it works fine. H22 is vanilla; I only use Karma.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

T
johnmather
Have you taken a look at the Console application? It should log any crash that our crash handler doesn't nab.

Applications>Utilities>Console. Take a look through the options on the left side and see if you can find something from the Houdini process at the time of the crash.
Timo Lenton
Im running 22.0.368 on a mbp M4 Pro.

When I try drawing a curve and using the snap hot key ('x') I get a crash EVERY TIME.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.