Search - User list
Full Version: Crease + File SOP
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Crease + File SOP
Spin99
Hi again

First of all please excuse my newbness.

I'm trying to figure out the workflow in Houdini to import a SubD file
and use the Crease SOP to indicate creased edges before connecting it to the Subdivide SOP (Crease input).
I really don't have a clue here

Here's what I got so far.

* I add a File SOP and give it the path to the SubD file I want to import (.obj) I can see that it's working
* I can connect that to a Subdivide SOP no problem. I can see the subdivided object on the viewport as well.
* I can add a Crease SOP and connect that to both the import and the Subdivide SOP even

What I cannot do:

I cannot specify what edges to crease with the Crease SOP.

Can someone please explain the workflow (shortcuts) to add selected edges to the Crease SOP so that I can then connect it to the creases input of the Subdivide?

Would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
uniqueloginname
i think the Group SOP lets you grab a group of objects to work on?
Spin99
Yes and the Crease SOP should let you grab a group of edges to work on.

Except I have no idea on how to select elements for a group
or edges for a crease. I can create the SOPs and I managed to do a crease somehow (?) by re-selecting.

Would love to know what the proper workflow for creating a group of points within one poly object is, for example.
Spin99
I think I figured this one. Maybe it's not so great to post at this time since it's holiday season. Looks like you have to press enter to make the Crease SOP active, then select the edges you want creased and after that click on the arrow next to group and choose the selection there

Something like that apparently.

I was just looking for the proper way of doing it, as in click here use this key etc etc.

Cheers.
haggikrey
Couldnt you simply select some edges and do tap->group? You then have a new group and this can be connected to the crease node.
Spin99
Thanks haggikrey that was it

It looks like I was doing too much work though, it seems Houdini
imports creases with the obj's as well.
Really getting to enjoy this soft as I get more familiar with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.