Search - User list
Full Version: text becomes illegible when I apply a texture to geometry
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » text becomes illegible when I apply a texture to geometry
cspears2002
Hi!

I'm working on the Simple UVs tutorial. When I apply a texture to my geometry with the Material SOP, all of the text in my Houdini window becomes illegible. Do you know what is causing this? Is it a graphics card issue? I am running Houdini 9 Apprentice HD on Dell laptop with Windows XP and a Geforce Go 6800 card. I have attached a screenshot of my Houdini window with this message.
Ondrej
In all likelihood, it is a graphics card/driver issue. Those fonts are drawn as texture maps so any bugs in that part of the driver can easily impact the text drawing. This is the second or third report of this problem I've seen, all on windows.

One can never be sure that Houdini is doing something wrong, but I've inspected much of the relevant code and it looks fine. I would recommend trying a different driver and seeing if the problem goes away.
malexander
Also, which Houdini version are you using? This was a problem for awhile, but went away in recent builds.
cspears2002
The build of Houdini is Houdini 9.0.794.

I wasn't able to locate a new driver from Nvidia. I might have to get a new graphics card.
malexander
This problem has been fixed in 9.1, so you may want to hold off on getting a new graphics card (which I honestly don't think will fix the problem, either).
cspears2002
Great! When will 9.1 be released?
jason_iversen
The beta is in the final stages right now, it seems. I'm sure we're talking about days here, probably not even weeks.

If you weren't aware, you should know you can get it from the Download right now and see if it helps you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.