Search - User list
Full Version: Is 9.1 for HD users?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Is 9.1 for HD users?
blindcat
Hi, before I install, I want to ask if the 9.1 version is also for houdini apprentice HD users?
The 9.0 license server said the license will last until 2037 or somewhat like that, but as I heard, the licence server for 9.1 will say it will only last until the end of february 2008 ?
thanks in advance,
frank
Joe
Yes, Apprentice HD users get 9.1 licenses. To upgrade, you have to go to File > Install Licenses in the Houdini License Administrator, then log in with your email and the password you were emailed when you bought Apprentice HD.
blindcat
Thank you very much!
mark_visser
doesn't work for me… I just get the message:

“You are not currently entitled to any licenses.”

I purchased an HD licenses Jan 25.
JColdrick
You don't say it, so I have to ask - you definitely installed the 9.1 license server? The 9.0 server won't serve up 9.1 licenses…

Start up hkey(License Administrator) and check under View/Diagnostic Information to check this, or any other things that look suspicious.

Cheers,

J.C.
mark_visser
Yup, I'm running 9.1 fine (with 9.1 license server) with a regular apprentice license. My HD license is only 9.0 (I double-checked at license.sidefx.com).

License server version: 9.1.124

Installed licenses:
LicID Platform Product Ver Avail Expiry
—– ——– ——- — —– ——
b12821f4 Generic Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 9.1 1/1 11-mar-2008
+.+.+.+ rincewind (license known to: rincewind)
fbecc690 Generic Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 9.0 1/1 01-jan-2037
4847d752 Generic Render-NonCommercial 9.1 1/1 11-mar-2008
646d625e Generic Render-NonCommercial 9.0 1/1 01-jan-2037
1856b84d Generic Houdini-Apprentice-HD 9.0 1/1 01-jan-2037

(expired licenses removed for brevity)
JColdrick
It just looks like you need to login with your email and password to get the new licenses, but you say this doesn't work. I'm not 100% the account is for HD customers too, but try emailing LicenseManager at sidefx dot com and let them know your specifics and they should straighten things out.

Cheers,

J.C.
probbins
If I'm not mistaken you have to send your old license back and then redeem the new version. That can be done from the license manager once you've logged in.
rafal
you should not need to return any licenses; the 9.1 licenses are usually an upgrade, rather than a brand new license.

what may have happened, is that you purchased the entitlement to 9.0 before, and redeemed it after the upgrades to 9.1 were issued. Because at the upgrade time you had an entitlement and not the license, the upgrade could not be issued. I've seen one similar case, and, although still hypothetical, it is the best explanation I could come up with.

The best thing is to email support describing this problem and they should be able to issue an upgrade manually. Be sure to supply the user name so that they can identify your account.

Rafal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.