Search - User list
Full Version: accessing geo attributes in DOPs
Root » Houdini Lounge » accessing geo attributes in DOPs
Dean_19
Guys,

I posted this about 6 months ago, and now have forgotten how to do it. Can someone refresh my memory please?

How do I access an attribute which I have on my geometry in DOP's? If I go to the details view I can view the attributes but I can't seem to access them with dopfield et al as there are too many tokens in the dopfield expression. E.g.

My attribute lives at:-

/obj/bridge_break>chunk1_0>Geometry>source

'source' being the attribute name. The dopfield expression takes extra tokens expecting the field you are trying to access to be in a deeper nesting. E.g.:-

/obj/bridge_break>chunk1_0>Position>Options>0>ty

I have tried dopoption also but no joy. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Dean.

P.S. Still using 8.2.66 guys…!
mtucker
For accessing geometry, just use the SOP expression functions like point, prim, etc. Something like:
point(“ /obj/bridge_break:chunk1_0/Geometry”, ptnum, “Source”, index)

All expression functions for accessing geometry accept DOP Geometry data in place of a SOP path.

Mark
jason_iversen
Aha! Except volume queries against DOP fields, like volumesample(), etc
:twisted:
mtucker
Oh ho! But I only said these queries work against Geometry data in DOPs, not Field Data!

Mark
Dean_19
Hmm…I thought it might be something like that and actually tried it. Maybe I had some syntax wrong somewhere. It stands to reason that it would work though. I'll give it another whirl.

Thanks guys…
jason_iversen
Damn you, Mark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.