Search - User list
Full Version: Slow interface redraw with GeForce 4
Root » Technical Discussion » Slow interface redraw with GeForce 4
DNuttall
I have installed Houdini 5.5 Apprentice Edition on my PC which is a P4 2Ghz, 512MB Mem and GeForce 4 Ti 4400. When displaying the quad view and certain other window configurations the interface redraws really slowly when moving the mouse over icons etc… I also have a FireGL1 and that doesn't suffer from the same problems but the card is no where near as fast as the GeForce 4 for things like tumbling around models etc.. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix?

Thanks
Dan
edward
Make sure you download the latest reference drivers from www.nvidia.com. Also, make sure that you do not have any “always on top” windows that are obscuring the Houdini window. The drivers seem to not like this.

Finally, since you're not on a Quadro, I would recommend turning off the Draw Lines Smoothly option in Houdini: Edit > Preferences > General. I believe that hardware support for smooth lines are only on Quadros and not GeForce.

Let me know how it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.