Search - User list
Full Version: Apprentice Challenge
Root » Houdini Lounge » Apprentice Challenge
athomas
What ever happened to it. With Siggraph over now more then a week and still no official anouncement, has it been cancelled? If not I'm sure those of us who couldn't attend would love to hear something and see the winning entries.

Cheers

Andre
MatrixNAN
Well this is one of those times when I know but I am not sure if I am aloud to say. I will tell you that there was 737 entries into the contest. However with Side Effects not giving a formal announcement on their site I have to hesitate in answering how one what. If a side effects rep gives me the go ahead then I will spill the beans so to speak.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. What area did you enter into anyhow?
athomas
Nate,

Thats the problem, someone dropped the ball. I've heard already on the net who won, but expected SESI to make an official anouncement

All awards will be announced at the Houdini Annual Meeting during SIGGRAPH, July 27th, 2003 in San Diego, CA.

I'm pretty sure that not all 737 entries were able to attend. BTW it seems a pretty low number, are you sure?

Oh I've entered the FX challenge.

Any one from SESI here who can say something to this?

Cheers

Andre
goldfarb
there is this : http://www.cgfocus.com/NewsDetails.cfm?NewsID=967 [cgfocus.com]
jono338
… but are ever going to be able to see them????

Cheers.
Jonathan.
MichaelC
Well the character winner is up in the odforce gallery, the modle winner has been posted in these forums a few times, the smoke I hadn't seen before, and the car (the big winner) I've seen on the net somewhere's, can't remember exactly where.
goldfarb
I think it's just that SESI has to take a bit of time to gather all the materials togethter etc and then do a press release + web update…
waiting a few days after SIGGRAPH isn't such a big deal…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.