Search - User list
Full Version: Atmosphere op and shader question
Root » Houdini Lounge » Atmosphere op and shader question
Concept4
Hi, I have a scene with matchmoved geometry of a city road and I created a particle system that simulates a huge wave crashing on the buildings and following the camera. Now that that's all lovely, I just realized I need to have this particle system I have in one of my other objects in an atmosphere op for the volumetric rendering. I'm not sure how to reference the particle system in the other obj in the atmosphere op. I cant just simply move it cause the popnet has inputs from geometry in the other node and uses the “Use first context” and so on to use in the collisions.

That's my first problem. now I was wondering if there is any good information on water shaders, subsurface scattering shaders, mist, anything water related. I'm going for the look of the water horses in first lord of the rings. I can do VEX or VOPs so whatever info is great help.

Thanks
MatrixNAN
You said anything water. Well I hope you have a check book with you. This plugin was used in X2 and several other movies.

http://martian-labs.com/product_index.html [martian-labs.com]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.