Search - User list
Full Version: How to Make a Skin on This Human Model
Root » Technical Discussion » How to Make a Skin on This Human Model
freesign
Hi, I am waiting in the Odforce forums for 3 days but there some reply but no solution, so i would like to post again in here.

i have a Model As image attach bellow Below and I want to make a skin cover all object to create a human Skin, but i don't know what is the solution.

i try objectmerge(All object) –> isooffset

but isooffset doesn't create the exzactly fine object i need and is very very slow. is there other way to make it ?

if there is still without a perfect solution i will use scatter + copy <— Metaball then convertmeta SOP to create the outlook but that will become very very slow in my computer.

thanks

PS This model is build with Bone, organ, then Muscle, fat, then wanna make a skin on top of all GEO to create a Human Model )

PS: ray SOP is also not a perfect solution bcs it loss a lots of detail. if there is a ray SOP solution without lossing a detail pls let me know, i use SPHERE SOP + ORGINAL SOP –> RAY SOP (minimum Distance)
Fabian
not do discourage you but if your goal is to get this done as quickly as possible with predicatable results i think your best bet is to model the skin geometry on top of your existing geometry by hand and then instead tackle the problem of getting it deformed by your underlying geometry. even that is not easy at all when considering bones, muscles, tendons, body fat, associated dynamics etc. etc. etc. quite an undertaking. (i'm just assuming this is supposed to move in the end)

Also with some sort of of generated skin you still have no texture coordinates in case you want skin texture.

If you really want to auto generate something the arms/legs/fingers/toe/torso/head+neck could be done but taking a bunch of circles and placing them along the length of the body part, using a ray sop set to minimun distance and skinning the resulting circles. The joining areas such as shoulders, hips, etc. however would again be another issue. Also note that the topology here would not be ideal.

Best of luck,
Fabian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.