Search - User list
Full Version: How would you control object positions with VEX
Root » Technical Discussion » How would you control object positions with VEX
IsStuff
How would you control object positions with VEX

It has to be fast the, vex SOPs work on 100's of points and I would only want to work with 20 objects

I want to take in several object transforms and use VEX to work with the information and then send it back to other objects.

this may sound like a job for chops but from what I have seen that isn’t the case mainly because VEX for chops only works on one channel and outputs only one.

This may be a feature request but what about some kind of “VEX transform operator” that can take in several matrix values and out put to several matrix values. The “Inverse Kin CHOP” pulls of most of these tricks but if we also could make something that could do these kinds of operations but let us under the hood.

I really want to wire together rigs within VEX where I can make my own constraints.

If there is an established work please tell me. I am new to Houdini so I am full of ideas that have existing solutions.
old_school
see my reply in the General Forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.