Search - User list
Full Version: No module named PyQt4
Root » Technical Discussion » No module named PyQt4
danilo2
Hi!
I'm trying to write something in PyQt4 in Houdini:
I have made new tool and (according to houdini help) I've put there simple script. (the beginning is important

from PyQt4 import QtCore
from PyQt4 import QtGui
…”

And I'm getting error after pressing the new tool:
“No module named PyQt4”

I Have got PyQt4 installed on my Fedora 12 (and I testet it - I've made small application and can run it)

How make it working?
thank you
symek
danilo2
Hi!
I'm trying to write something in PyQt4 in Houdini:
I have made new tool and (according to houdini help) I've put there simple script. (the beginning is important

from PyQt4 import QtCore
from PyQt4 import QtGui
…”

And I'm getting error after pressing the new tool:
“No module named PyQt4”

I Have got PyQt4 installed on my Fedora 12 (and I testet it - I've made small application and can run it)

How make it working?
thank you

What version of Python is PyQt for? Your Fedora runs defaulty on 2.6 I suppose. My guess is that Houdini chooses 2.5, which is also present on your systems. You need PyQt for a second one so Houdini can find and use it.
danilo2
Currently Fedora 12 has got python 2.6 only, but I'm trying tofigure how to install 2.5 too
symek
danilo2
Currently Fedora 12 has got python 2.6 only, but I'm trying tofigure how to install 2.5 too

In that case I think Houdini uses its own Python. Dirty hack to let it know about your modules is to put it into your $HOME/houdinix.x/scripts/python directory. Assuming it's complied for python 2.5 though…
danilo2
Ok I've copied PyQt4 there and It is not working - I'm getting error:
“/opt/hfs10.0.545/houdini/scripts/python/PyQt4/QtCore.xo: undefined symbol: PyByteArray_Type”

So this Qt is not compatible with python 2.5 I think

Has somebody maybe PyQt4 module compiled for python 2.5? or does somebody know where to download it?
csp
danilo2
Ok I've copied PyQt4 there and It is not working - I'm getting error:
“/opt/hfs10.0.545/houdini/scripts/python/PyQt4/QtCore.xo: undefined symbol: PyByteArray_Type”

So this Qt is not compatible with python 2.5 I think

Has somebody maybe PyQt4 module compiled for python 2.5? or does somebody know where to download it?

did you solved that problem?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.