Search - User list
Full Version: FBX camera in the wrong place
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » FBX camera in the wrong place
mrmiyagi
Hi All,

I've tracked and solved a big overhead city shot in PFTrack, roughed in some building geometry, and exported an FBX that includes everything in the scene (primitives and tracking points).

When I import the FBX into Houdini, my scene camera is for some reason stuck right at the origin, and doesn't move. Also, I've haven't got any of my tracking points…. Any ideas what might be the issue here?

I've attached my project file.

thanks
oleg
Can you attach the original FBX file, preferably exported as ASCII (not binary)? That way, I can take a look at what's going on during the import process.

Have you tried importing the same file into other applications?
mrmiyagi
Hi Oleg,

I tried it using C4D and it works fine there… I'm, probably doing something really stupid, I'm still learning Houdini

Please find the FBX attached,
thanks
mrmiyagi
I ended up just loading in a .cmd file of the PFTrack scene and then merged into that scene just the geometry from the FBX… seems to work, is there a better way to do it than this? I sorted the camera in the wrong place issue…I

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.