Search - User list
Full Version: How can I emit particles from cloth?
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » How can I emit particles from cloth?
Phlok
Hello,

I want to emit particles from a moving cloth object (a skirt, to be more precise).
The skirt was created doing some very basic polygon modelling and I created the cloth object by just selecting the skirt SOP and creating the cloth DOP network automatically by pushing the“cloth object” button.

So, when I playback, the skirt moves like cloth- fine.

Then, I created a SOP network “particle_system”. In this SOP I created a POPNET node as well as an object merge node and the object merge was fed into the popnet's first input. In the popnet, I created a source node and set everything up the way I wanted it to be.

Now, I can emit particles from the (static polygon) skirt if I just link that with the object merge. But I have no idea what I need to link there instead in order to have the particles emitted from the cloth skirt. Everything I treid did either not work or the emission was still coming out of the static skirt.

It was very nice if someone of you haf a hint for me.
midorime
Hi,

I saw your scene and it works fine to me,
just be sure to point at Dopimport SOP from the ObjectMerge SOP, and not at the Null SOP.

Emanuele
Phlok
Ok, if I pipe the “clothConfigureObject” into the object_merge, everything is working fine.

Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.