Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini freezes with AMD/ATI
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Houdini freezes with AMD/ATI
Tsimon
I've started to notice a trend with a few AMD / ATI systems that I work with. All with Windows 7 64bit and 32bit. That there will be times when Houdini freezes for a few seconds, very slow to start up, generally slow to work with, becomes unresponsive when adding basic shapes (I think primitives..I forgot what they are refereed to ). I am yet to see Houdini crash which fabulous most stable app I've seen as of date.

I'n the mean time I shale continue working with Blender until I cen see whats going on.

Using it now on a system:

CPU: AM3 955 C3 @3.7GHz
Mobo: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz (11-11-11-26)
Graphic: 2 ATI ASUS 5850 crossfire
PSU: Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W

the other

CPU: AM3 550 C2 @3.5GHz
Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Ram: OCZ OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB
Graphic: 1 ATI XFX 5770
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 500W

so I am now very curious is any one else with a AMD/ ATI set up that has similar issues.
splitpoint
Dual Opteron 2376, ATI FirePro v3750, Windows 7 64bit here.

I don't experience issues with slow response. Are you on the latest Houdini build and ATI drivers? The only issues that I have experienced in the current production build (10.0.554) are with HueCurve COP using GPU acceleration and also some instability with the Trace SOP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.