Search - User list
Full Version: vops sop vs vops
Root » Technical Discussion » vops sop vs vops
jrgauthier
Hi!
I have a question that will probably be easy to answer, but I'm really stuck right now

I wanted to fake a lambert shader using a dot product and a fake light position. When I do my recipe in vop sop, everything run smoothly, it works like a charm.

On the other hand, when I try to apply the same recipe on a vops shader…well…it doesn't work
I think it as something to do with mantra working with camera space or something like that, so I try to transform it to world space but without luck…can somebody have a look at my problem and hopefully give me an explanation please?

Thanks very much!
tamte
light position is in world space (at least i assume you want to set that parameter as world space position)
so there is wrong to try to convert it to world

the only thing you need to do is to convert it from world to current
because P and N are already in camera space and you need to convert brought light position in that space too to make it work

second thing you need to do is reference light position parameter with fake_light1 object position

(or if you want to work in world space you need to convert N too)
jrgauthier
Sweet! It works perfectly!

Thanks alot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.