Search - User list
Full Version: Basic parameter-editor question...
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Basic parameter-editor question...
polyomino
I've been noodling with Houdini for a while, got the cheap NC license. Having procedural fun, like http://yfrog.com/9fa1zj [yfrog.com] .

But there's little things that elude me.

In the parameter editor, all my params got stuck into the “three dashes” display! I know you click on the parameter name to change from “value” to “expression” shown. I click the name, and get back my numbers, instead of the three dashes.

But is there a way to get back to that as the default?

Also: Once you have an expression, how do you remove it from the parameter? I end up with lots of HScript constants where I once accidentally typed a letter instead of a digit. So it has a color.

Any help appreciated!

Such a fascinating and deep program. Quirky & fun & powerful.
mawi
polyomino
Also: Once you have an expression, how do you remove it from the parameter?

RMB -> Delete channel or CTRL+SHIFT+LMB
old_school
polyomino
In the parameter editor, all my params got stuck into the “three dashes” display! I know you click on the parameter name to change from “value” to “expression” shown. I click the name, and get back my numbers, instead of the three dashes.

But is there a way to get back to that as the default?
You need to enable the tiny “Interactive Updates” icon all the way at the bottom right of the viewport.

In Houdini parameter evaluation can slow down the playback of some scenes. Characters with lots of parameters will have better playback if you disable Interactive Updates of parameters. The rest of the time, leave it on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.