Search - User list
Full Version: neightbour points connected with edge with our point
Root » Technical Discussion » neightbour points connected with edge with our point
danilo2
Hi !

How can I find all points that are connected with specific point with edge?

(i suppose only with python)

Thank you
old_school
In VOPs/VEX you can use the Neighbour Count VOP feeding a For Loop and then iterate over each edge with the Neighbour VOP.
danilo2
Thank you Can I get this info with python too ?
graham
There was some discussion on Odforce some time ago about getting connected points and whatnot so it's entirely possible to do using Python however it can be slow since you have to iterate over lots of things.

However, there's probably a better and faster way in Houdini 11 using some HDK code through the new inlinecpp module.
Anonymous
SceneViewer have this functionality, but it works only in viewport.
If you use this
selectGeometry('Select points/edges and press enter', use_existing_selection=False, geometry_typeshou.geometryType.Edges,)
and instead of selecting edges like code suggests switch to points and select one or couple point(s), it will return all edges that contains selected point(s) and with it you get also neighbours of this/those point(s).

If the same function could be used without using viewport, we are in home.
asnowcappedromance
this thread is more than a year old, I'm wondering if this is now possible with Python, any news on that? Of course I can easily do that in VOPs, but I'd like to keep my scene cleaned up so I'd rather do it in Python …

thanks,

Manuel
graham
From a HOM point of view, nothing has changed. You can still do it using inlinecpp. An example of doing it would be this asset. You select a point and it builds a list of connected points, which you can then slide a point towards or away from.

http://houdinitoolbox.com/houdini.php?asset=39 [houdinitoolbox.com]
asnowcappedromance
yeah, I've seen that Operator on your website (the first thing I do if I got python questions, check houdinitoolbox ) , unfortunately I've no clue about C++ :?:
If I wasn't busy learning Python I would starting to look into that, but one step at a time … guess I have to do it in a VOPSOP for now …
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.