Search - User list
Full Version: completely black boxes and other figures
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » completely black boxes and other figures
alfazx
hi everyone i just started to use Houdini and i realize that in every video tutorial i see the box and other figures is gray almost white and my box is black and i can't see when a side of it is selected
can you help make it gray
old_school
Is this H11? If so you may want to try turning off the option “Material Shaders” in the Display Options (hit “d” key in viewport) Effects tab.
alfazx
thanks dude it worked!!!!
old_school
That is just “ok”. By turning off this option you are disabling all the goodness that comes with OpenGL 3 and the latest viewport enhancements in Houdini11.0.

Please follow the other threads on the Side Effects and OdForce forums that have to deal with H11 and the graphics support and monitor closely any driver versions that support your graphics hardware.

For me, I eagerly await new OS updates from Apple as they bind their OpenGL updates with Software updates (wish they did it separately…). On the windows and Linux sides, try any new driver updates for your graphics and see if they work. If not, roll back to what works and wait.

It's fun again to be in a position to melt graphics cards. :twisted:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.