Search - User list
Full Version: Problem with materials
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Problem with materials
SergVideo
In Houdini 10 I made this object, applied Chrome material with environment map added to it. All has been made simply and without any difficulties. But in Houdini 11… I tried to use new Chrome material, added environment map to it, but the result, to put it mildly, is rather far from perfect… I tried to influence material parameters - their titles have quite clear sense, but the behavior of a material didn't correspond to the expected, especially, when the question concerns reflections (I can't see reflections of environment map). Direct transfer of parameters from old chrome to new has appeared impossible as the set of parameters differs. Can anybody help me to set up parameters for chrome or gold material (with using environment map) for new Houdini 11 material model? Were can I read about new Mantra Surface material (the Help contains the incomplete description of parameters)?
Thank you!

This is my object with old and new chrome material:
SergVideo
Here is the decision of my problems:
http://vimeo.com/channels/54102#14092187 [vimeo.com]
Thanks Peter Quint for fast reaction to changes in the Houdini. I think that Side Effects should write the big red letters in the help: “Without Environment Light with environment map it will turn out nothing!” One only hasn't understood: what for in this case the Environment parameter in a Mantrasurface material is necessary?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.