Search - User list
Full Version: Procedural Tubes
Root » Work in Progress » Procedural Tubes
MagnusL3D
Sunday WiP of pipes, optimized and UV-mapped from just 1 curve.
MagnusL3D
Update, now I can copy stamp my subnetwork so it generates different patterns for each pipe. And it has become alot faster to generate the mesh
pclaes
looks cool! Can't tell if they are interpenetrating or not, so I guess it's fine .
roughsporty
looks great and impressive
MagnusL3D
pclaes, Thanks ! Well actually there might be interpenetrating since the “lift” factor was random, but I have no improved it so it takes previous layer hight + radius, only downside to that is that they became alot thicker, so I put in a multipler factor because you dont realy see intterpenetration that much as long as it's somewhat above …*phew*

roughsporty, Thanks ! what impressed me the most is the render times I get with Mantra, last pic was renderd under 5min..and since then I've improved quality and render times are still very good ..so making a little movie clip
Lu-Tze
Realy impressive … and beautyfull images
zarti
yep ! , really cool and ala - houdini …

can you give us the possibility to observe ‘ from far ’ its logic ?

… any screenshot of network ?

.well done and cheers
barriallen
yep, really impressive (as usual from you )
can we hope in a bit of tuto? It would be nice.
MagnusL3D
Thanks guy's ! I have put togeather a sample file, It should generate something that looks like the attached picture.

File was saved with 11.0.573

the sample file is a earlier version before I added more complexity and safe guards so it should be pretty straight forward ! except for my strange naming convention

It can be easily rebuild to use drawn curves to become the child pipes to, but I went for generating that too, meaning I can copystamp and get different pipes
Lu-Tze
Thanks for sharing. Will study this one very closely…
MagnusL3D
Lu-Tze, dont hesitate to ask if something is unclear !

And here is the promised video render!

http://vimeo.com/17858177 [vimeo.com]
Mirco_Paolini_VFX
Man this is amazing!
Thanks for the hip!
barriallen
Thanks Magnus.
Houdini community is nice as usual
Natasha666
:!: :!: :!:
vyudin
Pretty nice stuff!

Remind mine RnDs on past October…

But mine has an option “as vine”:

cellchuk
looks great. The colour selection is quite nice as well..
Sadjad Rabiee
So Impressive and Also rendered perfectly , Specially I like red lights on the second image :wink:
tinyparticle
This is fantastic. Thank you very much for sharing the file.
D3K17
Wow this is an amazing work of art, thanks so much for the file!
Pavel Geraskin
Super cool!

Thanks for sharing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.