Search - User list
Full Version: Deleting 4 or + points polygons
Root » Technical Discussion » Deleting 4 or + points polygons
Undertaker
Hello,

I wondered how to blast or at least group polygons with more than 4 points


Thanks in advance,

Julien
edward
Try using the Blast SOP or the Group SOP. Make sure you have your geometry selection set to primitives.

Is this supposed to be a trick question? If so, it helps if you provided geometry and point out which primitives where you cannot do so.
Undertaker
I think I wasn't very clear in my question
Is there some kind of expression I could use to “select” polygons with more than 4 points ? in order to blast them after, without having to select them in the viewport

thanks
edward
I created a Houdini Digital Asset in a hip file to demonstrate it.
See:
http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?s=60582e40e6788d7a45b660374f5c44a6&act=ST&f=19&t=1654 [odforce.net]
Undertaker
Thanks Edward ! That helps a lot !


Julien
edward
Doh. Forget everything I said. Just put down a Group SOP, change the expression to Group by Expression. Now put type this into the Filter Expression: $NVTX > 4.
Undertaker
That's even easier thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.