Search - User list
Full Version: How can i get a fuzzy edge around attribtransfer(color) area
Root » Technical Discussion » How can i get a fuzzy edge around attribtransfer(color) area
VFXCSN0309
hi~ guys

looks like i got a small problem on the edge area.. i want to put noise in colortranfer area by using attribtransfer node.

1. i have used attribtransfer node to transfer color from one object to another(red area)

2.apply attribcreate node to “record” the red area and import as parameter into SHOP network

3 and use multiply to restrict the noise area,

But, my problem is,, by doing this way, i always get a sharp edge,,,,so has anybody got idea how to make the edge soft?????
zarti
hi ,

( just trying here )

polygons in this case play the role of pixels in an image . so more polies in the gradient area the more ‘ smooth ’ it wd appear .

also i might suggest you for other similar cases a nice little DA ; Attribute Blur . you can find it on the Exchange page .

here is its link : http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=149 [sidefx.com]

hope those help !

.cheers
mrCatfish
Use the smooth sop to smooth color only. Be careful though, as this sometimes gives you negative values, so you may need to follow up with a point SOP with a clamp expression if this might be troublesome.
VFXCSN0309
thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.