Search - User list
Full Version: Shaders
Root » Technical Discussion » Shaders
Manuel108
Hi Everyone

I am learning Houdini from Digital Tutors. In one of there tutorials, they use a shader called stander shader. I have search all over the place for the shader, even on the internet. After watching a few more tutorials i see that i am missing a lot of them.

Can some one help me out.

Kind regards

Manuel
Manuel108
Here is a photo of my materials in Houdini for you to better understand.
circusmonkey
Use the Mantra surface shader. That is now the default.

rob
acaiborka
Hi, Manuel108

Working with materials has been changed in H11.

http://vimeo.com/channels/54102#14092187 [vimeo.com]
http://vimeo.com/channels/54102#14092931 [vimeo.com]
eitht
Hello,

you can copy and paste those shaders from the shop context of houdini 10 or earlier into houdini 11 if you are able to install or still have it in your PC.
Manuel108
Thanks for everyone for the response.
Manuel108
eitht can i do this on mac.

Manuel
fsimerey
I read a time ago the possibility to restore the old shaders. You must change the environment variable to do this but i don't remember how to. Perhaps a developer can answer to this question.

The method describe by Eitht could be done on a mac too.
tamte
you can show old shaders by setting environment variable
HOUDINI_SHOW_OLD_SHOPS = 1
however it will not bring you any new materials to the palette, just the deprecated shaders to SHOP context

to get old materials from H10 you can copy/paste them as eitht said, or open H10 file which uses them, so maybe if you have finished scene from digital tutors you can get material from that scene
Manuel108
Thanks very much. Ill try installing Houdini 10 apprentice and then copy them across.

When I open a digital tutors file it comes up with a warning saying that it can not find a certain shader. Will that be fixed if i copy over the old shaders.

Manuel
Manuel108
Hi Everyone.

I installed Houdini 9. How do i copy over the materials. Is there a folder on the computer that i have to copy or something else. Im on a Mac so it might be different then on a PC.

Manuel
Manuel108
I found it.
Its under:
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.581/Resources/houdini/gallery/

Thanks for everything.

Manuel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.