Search - User list
Full Version: Multiple CHOP Network per object in same animation clip
Root » Technical Discussion » Multiple CHOP Network per object in same animation clip
Ben Lumumba
Greetings
I started again to explore CHOP
This is some simple project
I exercise simply 12 principles of animation on example of two balls
I have two balls
Ball 1 and ball 2
or parent and child, IK
And as the bigger one moves in tx the smalles one follows with delay
follow ups,inertion
First starts to moves and second moves a bit late due to passive inertion
and than when first stop second stop after but still ossciles a bit
when starting to move first one I added to second ball a delay CHOP
I pass tx from first ball to secondd ball and when added delay CHOP ball2 follows late
That works fine.
But when stoping first one I need second delay in the same clip animation to same object
How to add multiple CHOP network to same clip animation to same object(s)
It?Ls like I have one CHOP Network on the first move when first ball starts to move and I need second CHOP Network
when first ball stops ( at frame 60-90) and second ball slowly osscilates untill stops,too
Something as whip
I apologise for a bit cumbersome explanation,even in my own language I couldn?Lt explain it better

I still don?Lt know should I add another CHOP Network too Ball2
i.e. ChopNetwork 1 from frame 1 to grame 60 and CHOPNetwork2 from frame 61 to 90
or should I have in same CHOPnetwork more delay CHOP?Ls sequentinely
added in CHOP viewer graph

Best regards,
Ben
edward
Just off the top of my head, maybe you can have one chop network that has both actions and use a Switch CHOP to change between them at certain frames? I haven't enough about the problem say if you can't do this without a switch chop though but just to answer your concrete question.
Ben Lumumba
Okay,
I go now to check switch CHOP
BTW that ?Ls how it would look like
http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=1688&s=2490736d2fddf658bb9bbd44c1fe1867 [odforce.net]

Best regards,
Ben
Ben Lumumba
Hi
obviously from topic name
I have my channel in CHOP graph viewer and I want to select part of it and edit as I do in channel editor cropping with mouse keyframes and editing them

Best regards,
Ben
digitallysane
Hi Ben, I just replied on od

Dragos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.