Search - User list
Full Version: i3d motion blur
Root » Technical Discussion » i3d motion blur
the_squid
Howdy y'all,

I'm using a vex_meta_cloud shop with great results… except when in motion! First off, I get an error when I try to write out per-point noise. I tried to fix this by setting a rest attribute for the metaball I'm copying to my pop template, but still got the error. I'm working on a windows XP professional system if that matters.

Also the motion blur (which you can enable with a check box) doesnt seem to be working. It's set to use “v” as the lookup for blur when I write out the i3d file. Once I read that i3d in, I'm using mantra with “Velocity blur” turned on. No blur whatesoever… any ideas???

-Dan
deecue
I'm using mantra with “Velocity blur” turned on. No blur whatesoever… any ideas???

are you using the velocity attribute blur as your motion blur in your mantra rop? you will need to when dealing with particles in order to get inter-frame motion blur (since you probably are having particles born inbetween frames)..
the_squid
well… turns out there was a bug in v6.1.208 with per-point noise. they've fixed it. keep an eye out for v.6.1.276 which fixes the problem.

the motion blur, however, is still a bugger to get working. i bake my i3d texture out with as the lookup for blur. I am birthing particles between frames I'm certain, but the particles which have already been born still arent blurring out like they should. I've checked and definately have velocity in all of my metaball objects, which are copied to a template created from pops with “set point attr” turned on, so my velocities are carrying over from the particles.

Any more ideas? I'll keep trying stuff on my end…. might re-post this question as well…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.