Search - User list
Full Version: change rotation at null
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » change rotation at null
Robin0217
Hi

I have a litle problem. i have some how locked a null and now i can't move it, or i can move it but i can't rotate it in any direction.

My question is how i remove this look.

Many thx Robin!
Houdinik
Hi
to unlock/lock parameter just rmb on the parameter you want to change, then choose unlock parameter from the context menu.
Robin0217
I checked if i had locked the parameters but i haven't. The thing is that i can move around the rotation handle but the parameters don't change. And when i mean move the handle i mean example, if i move it in X it's stays there i move it. It don't go back just cause i can't move the parameters. it's like i can move the piviot point for the rotate handle.

What might be the problem?

Kind regards Robin!
edward
Save your scene file as a different name, delete all the nodes but the null. Restart houdini with the new scene file. Is the problem still there? If yes, then post it here.
Robin0217
I don't really understand what you mean. If I delete all nodes there will not be a problem anymore cause I delete it? It is also just one null that is acting this way.

Could you be more specific?

Kind regards Robin!
edward
Save your scene file as a different name, delete all the nodes EXCEPT the Null. Restart houdini with the new scene file. Is the problem still there? If yes, then post it here.
Robin0217
Yes the problem is still there.
Robin0217
Is there anyone who know how i can fix this? Or is it some other forum i can find help at?
graham
As Edward said multiple times, please post your file that exhibits the problem to this thread so people can take a look at it and see what your problem is. We can't help unless we have something to go by.
Robin0217
Oooh ok, then i diden't understand when i meant post it here. I thought he just wanted to check if the problem was at the specific null or the other nulls.

And no i can't give anyone the 3D file. I can't show anyone the character.

But i really want to help with everything so we can solve this problem. Exept for the whole 3D model.

Like i have said before. I can't rotate on null.The rotate tool is moving but the null is not following. The move tool and the scale tool is working at the null.
Robin0217
I think i miss understood the whole question he said. Shall i only post the null with the problem. Or am I lost?
graham
Yes. If you can delete everything except the null and it still has the problem then please post it here.
Robin0217
I'm sorry for all miss understanding for my side. but here is the file.

Kind regards Robin!
edward
For some reason, a whole bunch of your keys on those channels have a hard-coded value as the expression of the key. You should be able to fix this by selecting all the keys for those channels (in the Channel Editor) and then changing the Function to “bezier()”.
Robin0217
I tried to change tp bezier() some keys don't want to responde. from frame 233-243 just the rotate Z responde and from 243-510 no one responde. I tested to change at the move and scale parameters and it worked. but not at the rotate.

Am I doing it wrong or is it some other solution?
edward
Yes, it's not working as I mentioned. Those keys are not bezier() expression keys. I've attached a fixed version of the file using the steps I outlined above.
If you can't figure out, you can always just copy and paste the null object from one file to the other.
Robin0217
I can't make the null work so i take your file. but i just wonder how i can make the null to a bgeo file(i can't just export it cause i have the Non-Commercial version. I know how to export a objekt in to a bgeo file but not a null. i can't find the file node when I have selected the null(I'm in the nulls network editor)
edward
Select the null object in the working scene. Hit Ctrl+C. Open up the other .hip file, delete the old null object, hit Ctrl+V. Save your .hip file.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.