Search - User list
Full Version: Invisible user interface
Root » Technical Discussion » Invisible user interface
Meikura
Hey guys, got an issue with Houdini 11.0 build 701 (issue also occurred with an earlier 11.0 build version too) in that the interface isn't loading any image files. Not only this, but neither does Houdini Escape or Image Viewer.

Here's a screenshot:

Full Size [dl.dropbox.com]

A while back I installed an old version of Houdini (9.0) on this computer and may not have correctly uninstalled it. Whilst trying to fix this, I've run the uninstaller and completely uninstalled all versions of Houdini from my system, however the issue still persists.

I'm running File Vault on this computer too. I'd rather not disable it, as I'm very low on hard-drive space and for security reasons I'd rather leave it on.

System details:

OS X 10.6.7 (all updates)
MacBook Pro 15" Early 2008
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
2GB RAM

Need any more details just let me know and I'll post them up here.
Cheer guys.
fsimerey
just search in this forum “no icon”. There are a lot of post about this.

like this one http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=20279 [sidefx.com]
Meikura
Whoops, I did a google search which sometimes pops up threads from this forum but I honestly couldn't find anything about it. Must have been searching for the wrong thing

Anyway, managed to get it to work by copying the entire ~/Library/Preferences/Houdini from another MBP which has Houdini successfully installed to this one. For some reason, the entire folder was empty, as if Houdini hadn't bothered to install anything.
fsimerey
Like in the link given, on mac os X, if you haven't icon, the best way is delete Houdini 11.0 folder in /userhome/Library/Preferences/houdini/ and relaunch houdini. For info, at the first installation, houdini create icons from some svg files. And sometimes, this folder don't have the good permissions and can't write into this folder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.