Search - User list
Full Version: Flip Fluids initial Volume of Points
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Flip Fluids initial Volume of Points
niietzshe
Hey everyone, I hope you can help me with this:

Imagine I make a sphere, then hit “Flip Fluid from Object”. It'll create a solid ball of points that'll start to fall when I hit play (and splash etc when it hits something). If I want to constantly emit, I create a “particleFluidEmitter” and plug it into the second input (I know it says 3rd, but I find it faster in the second, is there any reason for this?).

So now what I have is a big blob of water coming out of the sphere, followed by particles generated on the surface of the sphere which is much less dense. This isn't what I want.

Is there any way of disabling the initial volume of particles as I'm only interested in the particles emitted from the surface…

Thanks for any help,
Niietzshe
old_school
Clear the SOP Path parameter in the Initial Data tab on the flip_fluid_object Particle Fluid Object DOP.

That is defining the starting flip fluid object.
niietzshe
Thanks Jeff, we met not so long ago at a training day you did at DNEG.
With the most basic of setup, simply emptying the SOPPATH field and creating a particleFluid emitter that goes into the same merge as the popsolver doesn't work for me.

Having a mess around though, if I create an empty object DOP and a particle fluid configure, then stick that into the configure flip DOP it seems to do what I want.

While I have your attention, is it possible to mix flip and voxel fluids? For instance having a particle from a flip fluid drop into a voxel fluid and create a splash/disturbance?

Thanks for the pointer, I'm having a lot of frustrating fun messing with the fluid solvers this week.
Christian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.