Search - User list
Full Version: transparency fade off... off topic but not far away...
Root » Technical Discussion » transparency fade off... off topic but not far away...
symek
ok, most of my questions are stupid but let me ask again:

that long story about combinig layers of textures remind me my problem, which apears always when working (ok, learning mostly) in Houdini.

Wouldn't be a big problem to do such shader which would “link” other shaders during rendering time? I realize that in production enviroment it's not efficient but very often it's really handy. In Lightwave (pardon!) for example I can add as many shaders as i wish - every one take cf prodused by last one, do its job and so on…

Of course combing shades would work faster but you always must code them! And as I know you cannot include in vops any shader, only few of them. And what about 3rd party shaders or taken from Net…

You like it or not but I really would like to apply multiply shaders at one render without coding. As I expect it wouldn't very difficult to code such shader………….

am I wrong?

best,
symek.
deecue
And as I know you cannot include in vops any shader, only few of them. And what about 3rd party shaders or taken from Net…

you can turn any shader in to a vop. just right click on your shop and select ‘create new vop type’
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.