Search - User list
Full Version: Setting up render passes Houdini 11
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Setting up render passes Houdini 11
James_Burg
Hello!
I`m start to render more and more this days with Houdini,
if some one can direct to easy and comfort way to Set up render passes in Houdini 11 it will be great.
I`m work on little project (with no passes)
http://www.sidefx.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/pp3.jpg [sidefx.co.il]

I`m sure its general question that many users looking for answer and example which not really exist(as far as i looked) in sidefx.com web site.
I added simple file to implement the example on it .

thanks !
j.
uniqueloginname
Hi, without being able to look at your scene, the short answer is to look at the Mantra ROP (Render Output) -> “add extra image planes”. Render to a .pic(nc) format to capture the extra data.

Then in COPS (compositing) use Channel Copy to extract the channels you want and composite them together.
grayOlorin
Another way of approaching passes if you are working on a single hip file is to use Takes. One nice thing about Takes is that it allows for parameter overrides. If you are coming from Maya, extra image planes in mantra ROPs are like render passes, whereas Takes are like render layers
arturmandas
grayOlorin
Another way of approaching passes if you are working on a single hip file is to use Takes. One nice thing about Takes is that it allows for parameter overrides. If you are coming from Maya, extra image planes in mantra ROPs are like render passes, whereas Takes are like render layers

Thank you so much. This is the comparison I was looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.