Search - User list
Full Version: OTL and HScripting
Root » Technical Discussion » OTL and HScripting
MatrixNAN
Hey All,

Ok I was wondering what extension you have to put on an HScript and if you can put it in an OTL. I tried adding the script file by Right Clicking the OTL Object -> Operating Type Manager -> Right Click Edit Contents and add a RF_IndexBend.cmd file which is my hscript. The I tried to opdefObject/RiggingRotationControl?RF_IndexBend.cmd in the rz edit box of the OTL. What am I doing wrong? If I could figure out how to execute this script I could very well have a unified set of controls for the character making it further more intutitive. I also need to know how to do this for my crowd sims.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. Thanks for all the help could not do it without you guys.
Antoine Durr
MatrixNAN
Hey All,

Ok I was wondering what extension you have to put on an HScript and if you can put it in an OTL. I tried adding the script
As long as Houdini finds it in the script path, it will run it, pretty much regardless of extension or not.
file by Right Clicking the OTL Object -> Operating Type Manager -> Right Click Edit Contents and add a RF_IndexBend.cmd file which is my hscript. The I tried to opdefObject/RiggingRotationControl?RF_IndexBend.cmd in the
I would guess either the rz callback is not working, or that it's really /obj rather than /Object (as I can't opcf to /Object from hscript).

– Antoine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.