Search - User list
Full Version: wire cache and re-edit initial state
Root » Technical Discussion » wire cache and re-edit initial state
hexaylon
Hi guys, I started learning a bit about wire and got a problem.

after baking the .sim file out, it's quick to set initial state on the DOP network, but, what if I want to manually tweak some points(add an edit SOP) at a particular frame, and want the simulate start from just this tweaked shape?

the quick example file below is just a bunch of lines copied onto a poly sphere, then turned into wire and simulated. the DOP network only reads .sim file as the initial. Is there a way to turn the edited geo into a .sim file that the DOP network can read, or other setups can work the way around?

many thanks
are2d2
Hey Hexaylon,

What your trying to do is pretty common. Instead of baking out the *.sim file you should instead bake out a *.bgeo file of the geometry that you are trying to simulate (ie. do a dopimport and fetch the geometry that you want). Then use this geometry do your edit and send it into dops again.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any more questions, or want an example.
hexaylon
well, I am having a hard time bringing the edited and written out Geometry into the DOP again. when put the path into the wire node, the solver gives error saying the topology doesn't match…

can you do a quick example, thanks a lot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.