Search - User list
Full Version: hbatch houdini 11.0.755 problem. vcc: command not found
Root » Technical Discussion » hbatch houdini 11.0.755 problem. vcc: command not found
boogiboy
Hey guys,
Just discovered strange behavior of hbatch on openSuse, houdini 11.0.775.
after installation and sourcing houdini_setup, hbatch printing an error when executing ifd cache generation with mantra ROP:

sh: gwavefront: command not found
sh: vcc: command not found

So in this case OBJ conversion and VOP compilation totally fails.
We running houdini under user not root.
When I go through same process but under “root” permission, all works fine.
We tried to reinstall and even installed version 11.0.733, but still got errors.
Also we have houdini 10.0.595 which works perfectly on the same pipeline and the same machine, under “user”.

Appreciate any help
Thanks
edward
I'd say that your environment variables are probably broken. Perhaps they're mixed up with both versions of Houdini in them which will make things very confused. So run hconfig, and examine your PATH environment variable.
boogiboy
This is my variables: (Honestly cant see anything unusual).

HFS=/opt/hfs11.0.775
H=/opt/hfs11.0.775
HB=/opt/hfs11.0.775/bin
HDSO=/opt/hfs11.0.775/dsolib
HD=/opt/hfs11.0.775/demo
HH=/opt/hfs11.0.775/houdini
HHC=/opt/hfs11.0.775/houdini/config
HT=/opt/hfs11.0.775/toolkit
HSB=/opt/hfs11.0.775/houdini/sbin
TEMP=/tmp
HIH=/home/qube/houdini11.0
HIS=/opt/hfs11.0.775/houdini
HOUDINI_MAJOR_RELEASE=11
HOUDINI_MINOR_RELEASE=0
HOUDINI_BUILD_VERSION=775
HOUDINI_VERSION=11.0.775
HOUDINI_BUILD_KERNEL=2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64
HOUDINI_BUILD_PLATFORMebian 4.0
HOUDINI_BUILD_COMPILER=4.1.2
HOUDINI_BUILD_LIBC=glibc 2.3.6
PATH=/opt/hfs11.0.775/binopt/hfs11.0.775/houdini/sbinusr/lib/jvm/jre/binopt/hfs10.0.595/binopt/hfs10.0.595/houdini/sbinusr/lib/jvm/jre/binusr/binbinusr/sbinsbinusr/gamesopt/gnome/binopt/kde3/binusr/bin/X11opt/xcat/binopt/xcat/sbinopt/xcat/x86_64/binopt/xcat/x86_64/sbinusr/lib/mit/binusr/lib/mit/sbinusr/lib/qt3/binopt/xcat/binopt/xcat/sbinopt/xcat/x86_64/binopt/xcat/x86_64/sbin

So its something else. Unfortunately I dont know which path/variable Houdini uses to trigger all those utilities from $HFS/bin folder. Logically it should be $HB but from what I see, its something else, and this something “else” was changed from Houdini 10 to 11.
edward
boogiboy
PATH=/opt/hfs11.0.775/binopt/hfs11.0.775/houdini/sbinusr/lib/jvm/jre/binopt/hfs10.0.595/binopt/hfs10.0.595/houdini/sbinusr/lib/jvm/jre/binusr/binbinusr/sbinsbinusr/gamesopt/gnome/binopt/kde3/binusr/bin/X11opt/xcat/binopt/xcat/sbinopt/xcat/x86_64/binopt/xcat/x86_64/sbinusr/lib/mit/binusr/lib/mit/sbinusr/lib/qt3/binopt/xcat/binopt/xcat/sbinopt/xcat/x86_64/binopt/xcat/x86_64/sbin

This has BOTH H10 and H11 paths in it.
boogiboy
Yes, we have both version on renderfarm. Because different projects using different version of Houdini . Do you think this could cause the problem?
Thanks
edward
IMHO, it's a bad idea but you should test yourself. The proper way is to wrap up your render job so that it initializes using only *ONE* houdini_setup for each specific job.
boogiboy
For now we kind of found weird workaround. When you open your file in hbatch you can:
“ucd $HB”
This will set your current working directory to your hfs*****/bin folder and solves problem with

gwavefront: command not found
vcc: command not found

Its definitely not the best idea to set your working directory in hbatch to $HB but it works so we can use it for now.
Thanks edward for your attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.