Search - User list
Full Version: wire initial pose jitter
Root » Technical Discussion » wire initial pose jitter
hexaylon
Hi people, I am trying to use initial pose for wire simulation to bake out a current pose and re-simulate from there as initial pose.

but one problem I got here is, the simulation starts from the baked pose, but at it's new beginning, instead of peacefully deform, the wire just jitters and twists as if a rubber band was force into this pose and got released at the very first frame to “restore” its shape…

is initial pose containing any deforming data comparing the default mesh? how can I get rid of the severe jitter at the beginning?
thanks
tamte
without looking at the files
initial pose is just as you said, forced rubber band into some pose
it is compared to Rest Geometry and if there is no stress (linear or angular) between initial pose and rest pose, it will not twist or jitter when you start simulation
so either make your rest geometry the same as initial pose (it may not be always wanted) or at least ensure that there is no or very little tension between those 2 topologies if you want calm start, especially if you made your initial pose with editing in SOPs

I will look at the file when I get home
hexaylon
thanks for the explanation.
I tried to set the rest pose the same as the baked out initial pose. that eased the twist, but then the wire tried to rest into the rest pose, which is behaving not naturally……

I tried “Active” and “De-active” shelf tool as well, but seems like they do not work with wire?

overall, is there a better approach to do “sim-> pause and tweak-> resume sim” that kind of workflow on wire?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.