Search - User list
Full Version: Split Voxel islands
Root » Technical Discussion » Split Voxel islands
dulo
How would you do something like splitting a Voxel Volume into “islands”.
I want to split all connected voxel blobs into seperate volumes.
I thought about converting to isosurface, split into not connected groups and revoxel the split surfaces but the result its not “voxelperfect”. Is there a way to stay in volume and process the volume to find the islands ?
My last way would be to use python/numpy but i thought this should be possible with “native” houdini tools …

help is much appreciated

thx dulo
eetu
dulo
I thought about converting to isosurface, split into not connected groups and revoxel the split surfaces but the result its not “voxelperfect”. Is there a way to stay in volume and process the volume to find the islands ?

Maybe take your re-voxelized isosurface, clamp all non-zero voxels to 1, and then use that as a mask to copy voxel values from the original volume?

eetu.
dulo
eetu
dulo

Maybe take your re-voxelized isosurface, clamp all non-zero voxels to 1, and then use that as a mask to copy voxel values from the original volume?

eetu.

Interesting idea ..
I will give it a try

thx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.