Search - User list
Full Version: how to move each point's position using expression?
Root » Technical Discussion » how to move each point's position using expression?
bluciensky
This might be a really basic question, but I am new to houdini.. and don't know how to do this.

I am building a bridge.
I drew curve (spline) and profile of the shape and sweep it.

The thing is that I want this bridge to have slope…like I drew with green color.
Same with of profile, but only the Y axis…

how do I do this???

Thank you for your help !!
grayOlorin
Hey bluciensky, there are several things you can try out. The rail SIP is like the sweep except they it uses two sound curves kinda of like a train rail. Also you may be able to use the extrude SOP with a profile curve

If you do absolutely want.to use a sweep though, let your spine curve have the slope on it and use a clip SOP to remove the extra geo below the origin

Hope this helps!
bluciensky
hm..

when I edit my curve using Move tool using Soft Radius,
this is what happened..

the profile of the bridge is rotating..
grayOlorin
hey would adding a little bit of twist at the end be ok? if not, it may be worth looking into the rail SOP as with the sweep you are bound by the curve orientation (there may be a way to force the orientation, but cannot think of one out of the top of my head)

here is your scene
anon_user_54555117
Just thought I would throw my two cents into the pot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.