Search - User list
Full Version: shutter the shuttered pieces
Root » Technical Discussion » shutter the shuttered pieces
csp
How can I have secondary individual shuttering on the pieces that have been already shuttered on the first impact with the object?

I hope my question makes some sense, if not I have attached a hip file with an object (plate) who shutters on the air using magnet-force and I want the bigger pieces from the plate to shutter again once they touch the ground. The maximum fractures value is higher than 1 but makes on deference as you can see in the file. I guess that one of the reasons that may cause that is because when the object initially fractures from the metaball, it reaches the number of max-fractures, but no matter how much I will increase the max-fractures value, the number will be reached from the metaball fracture and nothing will be left for ground impact!?!

Also, in the file I have iattached the plate self-exploded when touch the metaball which is used by the magnet-force, is there any way to use the same technique to the new bigger pieces that coming out from the first shutter in order to create a fractal destruction?

Any idea or example files will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Christos
asnowcappedromance
If you can't get the maximum fractures to work - work with the sop solver. Access the impact data with the dopoption expression and test for each shard if the impact is true and then simply fracture them and feed them back into Dops.
I attached a file which shows how to create particles based on impact data!

cheers

Manu
csp
thanks for your reply Manu, good idea. I will go through your hip file and I will be back with more questions.

But I have one for now, is it possible to have combination of impact and velocity so as only the pieces on impact and velocity greater than x will shutter again? I think this way I will avoid break the small pieces in ever smaller new pieces.
asnowcappedromance
sure it's possible, just access the velocity with the dopoption expression as well and combine the 2 dopoptions with an if statement:

if( condition1 == 1 && condition2 ==1, 1, 0)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.