Search - User list
Full Version: which laptop?
Root » Technical Discussion » which laptop?
jean83
Hi everyone, i want to buy a laptop to my husband as a gift. he's working in vfx company and he uses houdini, maya, some pixar programmes i guess.. ( to be honest i don't know anything about them) he wants some lenovo thinkpad products but i really dont know which one is eligible to use these kind of programmes and which one is reasonable price. is there anyone to help me? thanks.
malexander
I'm not sure what price is reasonable to you, but if you can, try to find a laptop with Quadro 1000M graphics. If that bumps the price up too much, consider at least an Nvidia GEForce 555M or higher (560M, 570M, 580M) with 1GB of VRAM.

For the rest, min 8GB of memory a fairly large storage option (500GB+ hard drive) and a either a fast dual core, or quad core Intel i7/i5 2000 series CPU. Here's a quick link [shop.lenovo.com] to Levono's mobile workstation page to see roughly what you're looking at in terms of features & pricing.
jean83
thank you so much for the information
magneto
What an awesome wife
Gerlandox
LOL Definately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.