Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini Help Example Files not Loading
Root » Technical Discussion » Houdini Help Example Files not Loading
missingfoot
Hello, I'm suddenly experiencing a problem loading or launching the Houdini example files found in the documentation. I'm trying to access them in the same way I always have done, however recently all I get is an 'Error Loading' box appear with no further information about the cause for the error.

This behaviour is consistent across all browsers and on multiple computers running Mac OS X Lion. I'm using the correct documentation for the version of Houdini I'm using (11) and when trying to access Houdini Help in the Help menu it launches the browser but doesn't open the help documentation.

What is causing this detachment of Houdini from the browser? It seems they can't send information either way. Is this a Lion problem? I have recently installed that it was a while ago and I'm not sure if I've successfully accessed them within the time of installing Lion. I can't seem to find anything on this, so is it an isolated issue?

Thank you.
edward
It seems that this is the first time you've used Houdini on OSX Lion? Do search for osx lion in the forum. I recall seeing some workarounds/fixes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.