Search - User list
Full Version: Problem sweeping circles on particle path. Simple, right?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Problem sweeping circles on particle path. Simple, right?
Foxter
Ok. In POPs I have a source POP and a force POP. This creates my particle system.
In SOPs I have a grid and group1 SOP, which isolates one point out of the grid as the particle emitter, this is linked to the POP network.

Then I have a Pop Merge pointing to my particles in POPs.

I've tried every way to sweep a cirlce along this path of particles, and I can't get it to work. As far as I can get is to use a Copy SOP and I can get the circles copied to each point on the particle system.

What I am trying to accomplish is a growing tube. The particle system used as the growing path and sweeped circles as the skin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for your time!
stevenong
Hi Foxter,

Append an Add SOP to the POP Merge SOP, go to the Polygons tab & check “By Group” to join all your particles into a primitive which is what the Sweep SOP requires.

Do you need to create a path from the particle? Have you considered drawing a curve, sweep your circle onto the curve, skin it then use a Carve SOP to animate the growth?

Have fun!

Cheers!
steven
Foxter
Thanks a lot! The carve SOP works great, wasn't too familiar with that SOP! Thanks again Steven!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.