Search - User list
Full Version: How I can improve this?
Root » Technical Discussion » How I can improve this?
huacho85
hello everone,

I have been trying to get a good demolition to go into water, but I dont have more ideas to get a good result, I have been changing mass, density, and I would like to calm the water before hit, like a quite lake.

thank you
ragupasta
run the simulation until the water has stopped moving, then add a fileDop and save out 1 frame where the water is still. Now go back to OBJ level, and on the autodop node, there is a file browser for an initial state. Open that and navigate to the file you just wrote out.
Go back to frame 1 and run the sim, you will see the water is now still.

Now add your demolition elements to the sim.

Edit: Just to add, I see you scuplted the terrain by hand. You could get the same effect in a couple of seconds, by adding a VopSop to the grid (make sure you have uv's on the grid), and run the s + t coordniates into the ripple vop. Add some turbulent noise to the ripple output, then add that into a dipslace along normal vop.
Now you have the same terrain but being able to change shape via parameters instead of pushing and pulling points by hand.

Here is a file for it, play with the parameters for some interesting effects/animations.
huacho85
Thank you so much, I will do the changes
huacho85
hello again, i am still fighting yo get the water still, i feel it's just bouncing and bouncing and boucing and nothing else happens
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.