Search - User list
Full Version: Renderman Texture Coordinates
Root » Technical Discussion » Renderman Texture Coordinates
dan.baciu
Guys, I'm trying to render with renderman an igloo that I made in Mudbox.
I imported the igloo from an obj.file using file sop.
But the displacement map exported from Mudbox is not applied correctly on my model.
Something is wrong but I don't know what…
Any help will be fiercely appreciated.
danBode
Renderman looks at UVs a bit differently than Houdini does, which is likely causing your issue. Try throwing down a vertex sop at the end of your sop chain and change “keep texutre” to “add texture”, then replace $MAPV with 1-$MAPV

This should do the trick.
dan.baciu
Yes, that did the trick. Thank you.
eestrada
If you don't want to change your UV coordinates on your geometry, you can instead change the coordinates in the shader. If you wrote the shader by hand you can use the same math in the shader code by doing something like this to flip the texture coordinates:
float tt = 1 - t;
color texcolor = texture(“myTextureFile.tex”, s, tt);
Ci = texcolor;
If you made the RSL shader using VOPs then all you need is to run the t coordinate through the complement VOP before piping it into your texture VOP. If you are using a default renderman shader like painted plastic, then flipping the coordinates in the geometry like danBode suggested is your best bet. Just thought I might mention some other options for fixing the UV issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.