Search - User list
Full Version: Cloud rendering - only 1 download process?
Root » Technical Discussion » Cloud rendering - only 1 download process?
uniqueloginname
I have 15 instances rendering in parallel, but frames are being downloaded serially with only 1 active download instance, which is only using 1/4 of the network download capacity.

I'm sure I have seen multiple, parallel downloads before.

Even with using 5 instances the rendering gets ahead of the downloads.

Is this right? Anything I can do?
uniqueloginname
If I render at any more than 2 instances, the render outpaces the downloads, which entirely defeats the purpose of cloud rendering - I may as well just render on my own machine.

As mentioned above, the limitation is not my internet connection - it could be downloading 4x faster.

I guess this needs to be raised as a bug.
rvinluan
Hello,

Downloads are done serially and from only 1 cloud instance. This is how it has been since the Houdini Cloud service was first introduced.

If download speeds are not hitting what you expect, then it could be the ISP. I know that Amazon's network bandwidth is pretty amazing so slow network speeds could be because of local ISPs (perhaps throttling?).

Cheers,
Rob
uniqueloginname
Thanks Rob, good to hear confirmation that it's how it's meant to work. I'll follow up my end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.