Search - User list
Full Version: Rendering lit fog as a seperate pass.....
Root » Technical Discussion » Rendering lit fog as a seperate pass.....
dileshlamsal
Hi,
Is there a way,i can render out the light fog as a separate pass using image plane.
I m using litfog shader to generate the fog for a light.
Would appericate any help.
Thanks !!
fsimerey
What i do for this, is to create a Mantra ROP with Objects in Forced Mate, and select only the light i want to illuminate the fog.
dileshlamsal
Hi,
That totally worked !!
Thankyou so much !!
dileshlamsal
One more question …:
usually is the light fog ..slower in mantra than any other application i have seen ….is that normal …?
fsimerey
Yes, Lit Volume rendering is slow with Mantra.
Use “Micropolygon Rendering”, change value of “Volume Step Size” (greater will be faster) and use Deep Shadow Map for your light.

Cheers
ragupasta
Have a search on here and odforce. I vaguely remember Jeff making a volumetric light type effect using a volume primitive, which renders super-fast. It's a bit of a hack, but its good, fast and easy to separate into a pass.
fsimerey
Have a search on here and odforce. I vaguely remember Jeff making a volumetric light type effect using a volume primitive, which renders super-fast. It's a bit of a hack, but its good, fast and easy to separate into a pass.

I use a volume vex primitive to make skytracer spots. It's very fast and got a viewport preview. But the only prob i have is there is no volumetric shadows.

So, ragupasta, do you know if Jeff's volumetric light has some volume shadows ?

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.