Search - User list
Full Version: DOPs > extract data dop
Root » Technical Discussion » DOPs > extract data dop
circusmonkey
Hi,
Is there a node or workflow where I can extract multiple bits of data, currently I can only see the extract data dop which pulls 1 piece of data per dop.
Next is there any way to pipe from the object dop directly into the extract data dop and then pipe into a filed force node. Currently I have to manually name the source object. I have attempted to pipe the data directly from an object dop which gives me nothing but errors. would be interested in workflow ideas

Rob
old_school
There is no Extract Data DOP…

Extract the data to what? Another DOP object? And what kind of data? Property data like the t transform or v velocity of the object, an attribute in the Geometry of a given DOP object or reference/pass over a field?

This question is quite ambiguous.

To do what you want, you may need to use the Copy Data DOP on the target object in order to write to that object. By default, DOP objects are immutable (unable to change) once created. You need to use the Copy Data DOP to make a copy of the data on that object to modify it.

From your second question, I am assuming you want to take an attribute from one DOP object in the simulation and use that attribute in a Field Force DOP to create your own interaction logic. Again if you can help out by identifying what data you wish to extract.

If it is a specific geometry attribute, you could use the good old point() expression to peer in to the DOP object geometry. The dopfield() expression allows you to fetch a data field on a DOP object. There are other expressions as well.
circusmonkey
Yes you are correct jeff ….

Ive been using the fetch data dop to grab the geometry and position data and then apply it to a field force dop.

Does there happen to be any examples of the copy dop available as it looks a lot more complex than the simple fetch data dop.

r
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.