Search - User list
Full Version: Anyone running Houdini under XP on a Fujitsu Lifebook
Root » Houdini Lounge » Anyone running Houdini under XP on a Fujitsu Lifebook
festner
I can run Maya and Adobe just fine on the Fujitsu Lifebook. However, none of the Houdini products will run on this type of machine. Can anyone provide any pointers on the stability issue of Houdini on XP?
stevenong
Hi there,

Houdini is pretty stable on all platforms. The most likely reason why you can't run Houdini is due to the graphics card. Houdini requires proper OpenGL support.

What graphics card is on your laptop? If it's an Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon, please download & install the latest drivers. Else, please try setting the environment variable as described here [sidefx.com].

Cheers!
steven
festner
Thanks for the info. The fujitsu does indeed run the Mobility Ratheon 9000 (ATI) graphics card. Downloading the new driver right now.
festner
I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them for the Ratheon 9000 drivers and set the environmental variables. I reloaded the program, as well. The same behavior, Houdini Master will not load and I can only run Houdini Select once and it crashes.

Maya and Adobe runs perfectly. It's Houdini that does not work on this machine. Does sidefx have a HCL for their software.

Any other suggestions? I'm at wits end. It's a shame because the graphics on the Fujitsu Lifebook are the best for notebook computers.

Maybe I need to build a machine only for Houdini and install the proper graphics card.
edward
If you've download the latest drivers, try NOT setting any special Houdini environment variables.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.