Search - User list
Full Version: another noob question-Channel Editor Problems
Root » Houdini Lounge » another noob question-Channel Editor Problems
scarletFire
I know this is a noob question, but that is why i am here In the Compositing-Animation tutorial videos, the user selects the curves past the keyframes and types in “repeat(1,10)” the cycles the animation curves. In Houdini 6.1, I am trying to do the same and cannot select the curves past the keys. I have looked everywhere for a toggle but cannot find anything that works. Did Side Effects rid Hodini of this great feature, or am I missing something? ops:
stevenong
Hi there,

Yes, Houdini has changed since that video. Prior to Houdini 6.0, Houdini will add keyframes to the first & last frame of the frame range. This is still available as an option if you want to make Houdini work like the video but I won't recommend it.

The solution is to add another keyframe after the last which will then allow you to select the curve like the video & type in the expression.

Have fun!

Cheers!
steven
scarletFire
thanks man. they shoulda kept that on there, that was a cool feature
stevenong
Hey,

The feature goes both ways. For new Houdini users, they keep wondering why the object keeps moving after setting the “last” keyframe.

And you're welcome!

Cheers!
steven
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.